Let’s go through our top 10 picks for the Best mountain bikes under $300
Biking is not only a healthy activity for people of all ages, but it is also a perfect opportunity to explore the great outdoors and have tons of fun while doing it. Whether you want to go out and explore on your own or take your kids, relatives, or friends out with you, you always need to take into account that getting a bike can be a complicated process. We’ve reviewed the Best Mountain Bikes under $300 to get you going this year!
You need to think on what type of bike suits you best, from the different suspension types, the tires, the brakes that you like and even how many speeds it is going to have. Overall, this is anything but an easy process. And when you want to buy a good bike on a budget things get even more complicated. This is why we have decided to compile a list of 10 bikes that are the best bikes on the market, all under $300 dollars. Quality on a budget is the way to go!
Starting off our list of the Best Mountain Bikes under $300 is the Mongoose Dolomite.
A fat tire bike is built to last on all terrain types, making it a perfect option whether we are talking about gravel, cement, or even dirt off roads. The Mongoose Dolomite comes with a steel bike frame that is not only sturdy but durable in the long run. If you are afraid of shock, then rest assured: the thick terrain knobby tires will be able to absorb them and lead to a smooth ride for you. They are 26’’ by 4’’ wide.
If you are a fan of all-conditions braking, know that this bike comes with both front and read disc brakes just for that purpose. It has lightweight alloy rims that make it lighter but still strong and powerful, whereas the Shimano rear derailleur will let you climb small hills easier since it comes with 7 speeds. When you want to changes gears, rest assured that the Twist Shifters of the Dolomite will do the job for you.
As a company, Mongoose has been around since 1974; their first main achievement was creating the first full-suspension mountain bike frame. Today, they keep making products that fit riders’ needs for exciting mountain bikes for all terrains.
- The bike is lightweight and durable.
- Bike does not come assembled which means that they have to go to a bike specialist for it to be assembled.
The Dynacraft Speed Alpine is made for trail roads, off roads, and city roads, all in one! Your perfect companion if you commute or if you want to go out for a ride. What makes it stand out are the front and rear V-breaks with resin levers, allowing you to brake safely in any possible situation. It comes with alloy rims, a front shock fork, and a 21-speed index derailleur paired with Shimano grip shifters. It is meant for children that are 12 and over, and its maximum weight capacity is around 275 pounds.
What makes Dynacraft a good bike company? Their dedication to safety and sustainability. They thrive to offer products that every person will enjoy and ride along any bike path, leading to fun memories and good exercise. They have made a name for themselves, and we can see that since they are still pushing great mountain bikes.
- Guaranteed lifetime warranty on the frame and the fork.
- 21 speeds allow you to push your limits and soar on any path that you go on. It is made for comfort due to its padded saddle and the smooth handlebar grips.
- It is strong due to its steel frame, able to absorb shock, comfortable and entirely aesthetic.
- Last but not least, at 34.87 pounds the bike is surely lighter than many other models!
- The assembly seems to require a toolbox for setup, making the process difficult for first-time buyers that have little knowledge of how to piece together the bike.
Adding to our list of the Best Mountain Bikes under $300 is the Titan Wildcat. It is perfect for women ready to have an adventure! It is made for women between 5 feet and 5 feet 7 inches tall. Whether you want to exercise, travel, explore or commute from one place to another, this bike might be the one for you! Coming with a steel crank and 12 speeds, this beauty is intense on the road, due to its steel frame. Never worry again if your brakes and going to break with this Wildcat, since it comes with a solid fork and steel side pull brakes.
- The adjustable vinyl seat
- comes 85% assembled, and it also has marks for the pedals, L and R
- The assembly process can be done at home with a few tools needed.
- The steel frame will help absorb shocks on different terrain types.
- Some users state that pedals were coming loose. May need thread glue or LOCKTITE to fix this solution.
Coming in on the Women’s list for Best Mountain Bikes under $300 is the Schwinn High Timber. Schwinn has been around for an extended period on time, dating back to 1895. The company came to be in Chicago, Illinois. What made them stand out and be known for was the fact that they brought the thrill and joy of riding a bike to all ages, with many iconic bikes, such as the Varsity or the Phantom. The bikes come with a lifetime warranty which makes them appealing to many interested buyers.
The High Timber bike comes with Schwinn mountain frame and a suspension fork that will allow you to have complete control on trails. The bike is said to be durable due to its alloy rims which make it lighter but stronger at the same time. It comes with a 21-speed rear derailleur that will allow it to soar over paths and change gears quickly when needed.
- alloy crank with optimal gearing that will mean less maintenance on your side.
- It is fast, with a 21-speed rear derailleur.
- Its frame is durable and robust meaning that it will not break easily.
- The bike is a little heavy, coming at a total weight of around 40 pounds.
Coming in at just over $200 the Merax Falcon is well below our $300 on our Best Mountain Bikes under $300 List. Merax is a bike company that saw the opportunity and decided to establish itself on the market for day to day bikes for every consumer. They have over two decades of experience behind them which can easily be seen from the sturdy quality materials that they use for the bikes’ frameworks. The bikes are tested continuously, and this one is no different.
The Merax Falcon is made with a dual-suspension aluminum frame meant to help the rider fly over bumps and give them control over steering. It’s no beginner’s bike when it comes to speed either, coming with a Shimano 21-speed derailleurs and Shimano shifters. Easy to ride, easy to control, and easy to switch gears.
- It has a weight capacity of up to 330 pounds.
- The frame is durable and well made.
- Bike is a little heavy
- Hard compound brakes will wear quicker than more expensive models
Coming in at around $265, the Mongoose R2780 falls into our list of Best Mountain Bikes under $300.
Mongoose is the company that wants to offer you an escape from the constant turmoil of day to day life. Why not escape for a couple of hours riding around town or on a dirt trail with one of their bikes? They have been around since 1974, and during that time the company has focused on coming up with bikes to fit each’s needs.
The Mongoose Impasse comes equipped with an aluminum full-suspension frame, making it lightweight but durable. A ride on this bike will mean a smooth journey all due to its full-suspension frame, the Shimano gearing, and the Element front fork. Mongoose also focuses on safety since the bike comes with safe and robust front and rear brakes.
Mongoose R2780 Dual Full Suspension Bike
- The bike comes with a 21 speed Shimano rear derailleur
- SRAM twist shifters.
- Some users report pedals coming loose. Can be easily fixed with Loctite or thread glue
Ever since 2008 Vilano has decided to broaden its business and offer quality bikes at affordable prices, along with mobility assistance devices and paddle board. However, despite their broad expertise in various products, they provide great bicycles.
The Blackjack is equally stable on the pavement and rough ground. Its frame is a hand built hard alloy tail. It has a suspension for that also comes with the lockout, mechanical disc brakes, an 8 speed Shimano brake lever and 24 speeds.
Vilano Blackjack 29-inch MTB Mountain Bike
- The bike comes with a strong frame.
- Front and rear suspension
- The front derailleur has reported to be a little noisy on rough trails
The Dynacraft Gauntlet is the perfect mountain bike for boys of all ages! It comes with smooth handlebar grips and a padded mountain bike saddle that will make a ride on any terrain a comfortable one. This mountain bike comes with a 21-speed derailleur with Shimano grip shifters. As you may have gotten used to by now, this implies that the bike is perfect for quick runs over dirt trails and it will be able to make sharp turns whenever you want it to!
This 24-inch bike also will full suspension, perfect for tackling all the bumps on the road, and a front shock fork! This makes it the ideal option for any challenge out there, a faithful companion for the road!
- Great paint design
- Dual suspension
- Frame is heavier than other models
2nd last on our Best Mountain Bikes under $300 is the Omaai 27. Have you ever wanted to be the proud owner of a durable, full-terrain bike? Well, the Omaai full suspension mountain bike comes with wide knobby mountain tires that are just what you need to tackle the unsteady mountain roads. The durable allow wheels add to a sense of stability and control. When it comes to speed and gears, this bike comes with 27-speed gear shift, with front and rear derailleurs. The frame is made out of aluminum which makes it lightweight but still durable.
- Comes 85% assembled, meaning that you only have to install the wheels, the handlebar, the pedals and the bike seat.
- One-year risk-free warranty
- Older models reportedly better build quality than the current model
Last but not lease on our Best Mountain Bikes under $300 list is the Orkan Full Suspension Mountain Bike. The Orkan reinforced mountain bike comes with 26’’ aluminum rims, a suspension steel fork, v-brakes, and a Shimano 18-speed drivetrain. It has an ergonomic design, and the seat is easily adjustable. This bike has full suspension which makes it perfect for all terrain types out there, be they in the city or nature.
- The bike, coming at just 44 pounds, is fairly lightweight.
- This bike is a good option for people just starting out since it also tends to minimize the vibrations from road bumps.
- Although not a big fix – the front wheel alignment tweaking has been reported from first-time users
Do you have any Bikes you’d like to add to our Best Mountain Bikes under $300 list? Comment below and well add it to our Best Mountain Bikes under $300 list!